This past week I
- took my mom out for sushi and her first trip to Trader Joe's.
- over-ate too many times. We had several holiday celebrations, a few family meals, and some meals out with friends, including a classic Wisconsin fish fry with 18 people! I need to figure out what is a comfortable amount of food and not go over it.
- had an awesome massage at The Wellness Room. It's a tiny little place, not really so much a spa as only a couple rooms in a charming renovated building. Both Husband Jeff and I agree that we love the massage techniques of Sarah Tierman, the owner and massage therapist.
- didn't have enough time to myself to get done the things I wanted to do, but that's to be expected since there were only about three days that I truly was by myself.
This weekThings should be pretty uneventful. I'm going back to work on Thursday. Hopefully everything hasn't fallen apart without me!
- Monday - I'm splurging and trying out one of my food goals I had for 2013, make a tenderloin. Along with that I'm serving lettuce salad, Trader Joe's vegetable melange, corn casserole, and pumpkin bars.
- Tuesday - it's New Year's Eve and daycare is closed. For lunch Sonny D and I are having pasta with red sauce since we opened the jar of marinara sauce for parmigiana meatloaf on Sunday night. For dinner we're going out with friends to Dobhan (Nepalese-Indian-Mediterranean fusion).
- Wednesday - New Year's Day and I'm going to help a friend out during the day. For dinner I'm determined to use up the eye of round steaks I bought for cheap. I'm going to make a braised dish, which will hopefully result in tender meat. I'll serve them with sauteed green beans.
- Thursday - I'm finally going back to work today. Not looking forward to it, it's been great taking time off. For dinner I'm making a slow cooker dish of Indian chicken with spinach, served with naan bread from Trader Joe's.
- Friday - I'm going out for my friend Jill's birthday dinner, we're going to Imperial Garden for Chinese food. I put hot dogs, mac & cheese, and clementines on the menu for Sonny D and Husband Jeff.
- Saturday - My only plans are Zumba class at 8 a.m. For dinner I figured we'd have polenta pizza rounds, Husband Jeff and I liked those. I'll find a random bag of frozen veggies to serve along with it.
- Sunday -I've got some bacon and butternut squash in the freezer calling my name, so I'm going to try out a recipe for bacon & butternut squash pasta. The recipe called for Gruyere cheese, but it was $10 for a small block at the grocery store and my frugal nature came out. I stood in front of the cheese section for a long time trying to determine a cheaper replacement and finally ended up with Swiss. I hope it works out!