Monday, October 7, 2013

Menu Plan: Week of October 7

On October 1, Husband Jeff and I started a 30-day plank challenge. It's a way to get improve your core muscles and see your personal progress.  Well, both of us admit we're not really progressing a whole lot, we end up holding our front and side planks for about the same amount of time each day.  Last night I pushed myself to hold it for a little longer than before, but this morning my lower back was a little tight, so I might have gone longer than I could really handle properly. One good thing about this challenge is that I don't mind doing it because it only lasts a couple minutes. 


Here's our menu plan for the week.
  • Monday - BBQ tempeh sandwiches (I think we're finally going to have this dish!), eggplant parmigiana (featuring eggplant from our garden), and green beans from the farmers' market
  • Tuesday - beer crust pizza with toppings of hamburger, chopped up vegetarian pizza burger (we've got a lonely one hanging out in the freezer, might as well use it), and black olives, along with roasted Brussels sprouts from the farmers' market
  • Wednesday - I've got PiYo class so I'm going with my favorite quick dinner, breakfast-for-dinner.  We'll have scrambled eggs, turkey breakfast sausage, hashbrowns, and Trader Joe's vegetable melange.
  • Thursday - stuffed bell peppers (from the farmers' market) with pesto pasta (featuring basil from our garden)
  • Friday - dinner out somewhere
  • Saturday - a quick frozen pizza since we've got a busy day.
  • Sunday - home-frozen chicken tikka masala with brown rice

Wanna Chat?

I turned off the 'leave a comment' feature, so if you want to share what you're thinking about this or anything else, drop me an email at jhk1013 (at) gmail.com. It's so much more cozy than a comment, plus we can have a real conversation!