Monday, March 16, 2015

Menu Plan: Week of March 16

I'm still trying to empty our chest freezer in the basement so I can defrost it since I recently realized it's lined with a thick coating of frost.  We're making progress on eating things but it feels so slow.  By the end of this week we should be pretty good and close to defrost time, but we have a few meals out at restaurants this week that will slow us down.  One thing that will be difficult is I counted NINE loaves of bread down there.  When I go to Trader Joe's I buy six to eight loaves of their sprouted bread.  They're petite loaves, definitely smaller than your standard bread.  We seem to go through them pretty quickly, that's why I buy so many at a time.  I'm regretting having so many right now.  Maybe there will be lots of sandwiches for lunches and snacks in our immediate future.  We also have a decent number of homemade frozen burritos that should be eaten up.

  • Monday - Our Breakfast Club group is getting together for a dinner-for-breakfast at Bassett St Brunch Club.  I'll probably get the veggie hash or an omelet but there are lots of things that sound great, like the savory French toast.  I looked at the weather report and today is supposed to be 72 degrees, so this will be a great way to celebrate the definite arrival of spring.
  • Tuesday - St. Patrick's Day.  We don't have any themed plans for the day but maybe we'll wear green shirts or something.  Grandma and Grandpa are picking Sonny D up from preschool while Husband Jeff and I are going to Zumba class.  No formal dinner as usual since I just have a couple pieces of toast with peanut/almond butter.
  • Wednesday - Our wedding anniversary, we're celebrating nine years together.  Grandma and Grandpa are going to watch Sonny D again and we're going out for dinner at Cento
  • Thursday - Ok, back to a normal night of dinner at home.  I'll defrost the smoked ham from the freezer and make ham and cheese pasta with spinach.  We'll have a bag of Trader Joe's veggie melange along with it.
  • Friday - Pasta with red sauce, which unfortunately doesn't use anything from the freezer but I'm going to serve frozen Trader Joe's breaded eggplant cutlets along with it.  After dinner I'm going to a Korean craft night with our adoption group.
  • Saturday - Our Korean adoption group is hosting a Korean culture day in the morning but we'll have to leave before it's finished so we can get Sonny D to his first day of swim lessons where he goes in the water without us.  I'm excited for it!  In the evening I'm going out for sushi at Restaurant Muramoto with some girls and I hope that Husband Jeff and Sonny D will eat a frozen pizza to help clear out the freezer.  I don't think it'll be too difficult to talk them into it since pizza is Jeff's favorite food.  
  • Sunday - We don't have any plans at all.  Hopefully the weather will be nice so we can be outside all day. For dinner I'm going to defrost tilapia and pan-fry it because I've realized it's so incredibly good.  I want to serve it with frozen Trader Joe's eggplant and zucchini melange (I might be the only one eating that) and Trader Joe's frozen soycutash (peppers, soybeans, and corn).

Wanna Chat?

I turned off the 'leave a comment' feature, so if you want to share what you're thinking about this or anything else, drop me an email at jhk1013 (at) gmail.com. It's so much more cozy than a comment, plus we can have a real conversation!