On Monday we went to the summer concert series and saw a neat mariachi band. Sonny D was really tired that night, so we went home early.
I attended another delicious chocolate tasting at Gail Ambrosius Chocolatier, led by Gail herself. She always does a great job of making it interesting and I learned something new even though it was my second time. And who can turn down great samples!
|Gail explaining chocolate.|
|Pontoon boat ride down the river and across two lakes.|
This WeekIt seems like this week will be pretty quiet, which is always nice. Last week I was really busy and was gone three nights in a row.
- Monday - Taco salads and then down to the park for the weekly summer concert, this week it's Ladies Must Swing. As you can guess, they're a swing group. Sonny D said he was interested in going, but said he didn't want to dance.
- Tuesday - If I'm feeling ambitious on Monday night, I'm going to make BBQ pork in the pressure cooker and caramelized onions in the slow cooker. I need to make it the night before because it takes a full hour of cooking. If I end up being lazy, I'll make us French toast for dinner instead. Then I've got Zumba afterwards.
- Wednesday - Our friend Chuck is coming over for salads and grilled pizza.
- Thursday - I've got Zumba right after work and the guys will eat leftovers of the BBQ pork but maybe some pizza too.
- Friday - Maybe we'll have a simple meal for dinner, hot dogs and a veggie. This is our weekly Me & D night, but I don't have any plans so far. We're also talking about going out dancing at an event called The Disco Ball that night if we can find a babysitter. Husband Jeff and I will have to brush up on our dance moves before we go.
- Saturday - I've got Core Fusion in the morning and then in the afternoon Sonny D and I are meeting up with my best friend and her 8-year-old twins for playing at the park and a picnic dinner. I think I'm going to bring tuna salad sandwiches, fruit, a packaged Asian snack (I buy all sorts of things at the Asian market like cuttlefish snacks and flavored seaweed), and a juice box for Sonny D.
- Sunday - Our regular weekly visit to the Northside farmers' market and then in the afternoon a baby shower for our friends Brian & Kristen. We might get enough to eat at the baby shower that dinner won't be much, maybe a can of soup and sandwiches or leftovers if we've got them.