Week in ReviewOn Tuesday evening we were prepping dinner and Sonny D already had some cherries and popcorn at his spot at the table. He asked "May I start eating?" Wow, so civil and mannered! I immediately said "Yes, you may." And he climbed up and started eating. He certainly didn't learn that at home, we're not that formal.
|Our landscape design. |
Does anybody else think the two trees at the bottom look like breasts?
|Making faces at each other while waiting for pizza.|
Bought Peeps minis in strawberry creme and a Peeps sour watermelon pop. Both Jeff and I completely love peeps! Can't wait to dig into those.. We prefer Peeps that are hard and stale, but will also still eat them fresh.
- Monday - Today starts Sonny D's next session of summer "camp" at preschool. I was so excited when I remembered that these three weeks are called countryside cafe, which means the kids will be making their lunches each day, so I have three weeks off from lunch duty! For dinner we'll have Newman's Own broccoli beef frozen entree with rice, served with massaged kale salad.
- Tuesday - a quick meal of banana french toast before I head off to Latin hip-hop cardio class.
- Wednesday - cheese-stuffed salsa burgers. I was inspired by the feta-stuffed lamb burgers I made last month.
- Thursday - I'm going to Zumba right after work and meeting up with my friend Rachel afterwards to go out for Chinese at Imperial Garden. Sonny d and Husband Jeff are on their own.
- Friday - We're getting together with friends for "pizza in the park". We'll go to either a splash park or a regular playground park and the kids will play while we hang out and chat and we'll have pizza delivered to the park.
- Saturday - I've got Core Fusion class in the morning. It's Art Fair on the Square this weekend so we'll probably head down there after my class ogle at gorgeous stuff we can't afford. One of the gals who attended my Mary Kay party is hosting her own party in the afternoon and I said I would attend that. I want to experiment with salmon cakes for dinner if Husband Jeff will let me.
- Sunday - Northside farmers' market in the morning like usual. Totally loving it that Husband Jeff is addicted to the spring rolls like I am. Maybe we'll have brunch there because it's a fundraiser for the local domestic abuse shelter. In the afternoon is a preschool outing to the Madison Mallards baseball game. We'll eat dinner there,which shouldn't be too hard to find a healthy choice, they've got a surprising selection of food. Yes,the typical burgers, nachos, and hot dogs, but specialty things like a salmon burger, organic veggie burger, bahn mi (Vietnamese) hot dog, freshly made pulled pork, caprese panini sandwich, gluten free bun options, Jamaican jerk BBQ sauce, Koran BBQ sauce, etc.