I noticed later that we ate primarily vegetarian dinners last week, we only had fish one night. And we kept up our new tradition of eating in the dining room at Sonny D's request. And I snuck some veggies in on Sonny D by making cheesy garden tots, which was shredded zucchini mixed with shredded cheese, an egg, and spices and then baked in a mini muffin pan. I think he ate 6 that night!
|Cheesy garden tots|
Sonny D and Husband Jeff were out walking to a construction site a few blocks away. Sonny D doesn't like to walk and would prefer you carry him or ride on your shoulders. Jeff was trying to convince him to walk on his own.
Jeff: "It's not too far."
Sonny D: "It's not three far either."
This WeekSonny D doesn't have preschool this week since it's the week between "summer camp" and "fall semester". Those are somewhat sarcastic quotes there, seems silly to refer to it by those traditional school terms when it's only a touch more advanced than a standard daycare. He'll get to spend time with his grandparents instead, so that's nice.
We've been pretty good about eating foods from the freezer, but we still have a ways to go before I'll be satisfied. I found a second bag of cooked brown rice.... after already using up one. So there are still a lot of things we need to eat.
- Monday - dinner out
- Tuesday - dinner out
- Wednesday - pasta with red sauce or maybe pancakes (from the freezer!)
- Thursday - Finishing off the two partial packages of brats and sausages that I discovered in the freezer plus whatever bag of frozen veggies we can find.
- Friday - Persian turkey kofta kebabs, rice (maybe with frozen peas mixed in), and yet another bag of frozen veggies.
- Saturday - I think we have breakfast plans with friends, but I'm not sure, probably should check on that. In the afternoon we are going to a four-year-old's birthday party, which will probably be loaded with lots of excellent food so we probably won't need dinner that night.
- Sunday - In the morning our standard visit to the nearby farmer's market, hopefully to get delicious spring rolls! Then midday is the always fun Ride The Drive event where they close down some streets and people ride their bikes all over. This time it will be on the east side in a new location, so it'll be neat to experience the beautiful quietness of a car-free space. Then in the afternoon there is a thing in the ballpark near our house called Curdfest, it'll have a bouncy house, petting zoo, music, other entertainment like games, and of course fresh and fried cheese curds.