Last WeekLast week's menu was changed almost as soon as I came up with it, so that's why I didn't blog about it. so here's a rundown of things that have happened recently.
I'm loving Swad Indian restaurant. We went to their buffet last Saturday and I totally loved it. I'm trying to see if we can go again this week and have recommended it a few times. A coworker says her family goes pretty much every weekend since they live nearby.
I'm glad I tried O'Keefe's Working Hands hand cream. I saw it promoted at Bed, Bath & Beyond and they almost talked me into getting it but I've already got three lotions on my nightstand. Then I went home and looked it up and saw the 2,000+ positive reviews on Amazon and realized it was a good product to try. I've tried tons of hand lotions for my dry hands and this one is great. We both put it on every night.
I got obsessed with trying fruitcake and found Clasen's European Bakery in town that makes them. I had Husband Jeff pick up a 1 pound loaf and I found that I really like it. I was a bit disappointed to see that they use neon candied fruit in it, but it's still tasty.
At taste training last week we learned about herbs and spices -- black pepper, garlic, fresh herbs like thyme, rosemary, sage, etc.
We went out for a Breakfast Club "meeting" at the Mermaid Cafe and we all got great breakfast sandwiches. Their mermaid tail logo is really cute, I would love one of their mugs.
My Japanese fried Chie and I went shopping at Viet Hoa Asian market. She lives on the same side of town but has never been there. She found loads of great things and we spent over 1.5 hours chatting about products. I'm glad I showed it to her. She said she has gone all the way to Chicago to get some of the ingredients we were finding right here.
- Monday - completely homemade black bean soup. I made the stock this morning from leftover pork bones and veggies, started with dried beans, and put it all together in the slow cooker. I made rice in the rice cooker and picked up some "take and bake" bread (you're not really baking it, you're just heating it up) to go with it.
- Tuesday - leftover black bean soup. We're going to watch Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer since Sonny D loves the song.
- Wednesday - Grandma & Grandpa are going to pick up Sonny D from preschool but then we're going to have dinner together. I'd like to have dinner at the Indian place Swad, but I am open to other options.
- Thursday - I work in the afternoon so I figuring a slow cooker meal would be good. I picked out Moroccan chicken tagine that my friend Heather and I prepped a few weeks ago.
- Friday - I work most of the day and figured an easy dinner would be good, so we're having Italian sausage, gnocchi, and a can of tomatoes, corn, and okra. Then we're going out for family fun night at the local rec center.
- Saturday - I've got Core Fusion in the morning but we don't really have any other plans for the day other than my step-brother and his wife taking Sonny D out somewhere fun for his birthday present and out to dinner. Maybe Husband Jeff and I will go out to dinner or stay home and relax in the quiet.
- Sunday - My friend Heather and I are going to a gluten-free baking class at the co-op in the afternoon and for dinner I'm going to make baked potato soup.