Monday, March 3, 2014

Menu Plan: Week of March 3

We had a soup party over the weekend, guests brought a slow cooker of soup and it turned out great!  Every soup was amazingly good, our friends are excellent cooks.  And all the kids had a fun time running around. We have tons of food leftover from it, so we'll be eating that until the cows come home!  We even had to put some extra soup in the freezer since we knew we wouldn't be able to eat it fast enough.  Nice to have extra food waiting.

I'm so glad it's March already.  February flew by plus it was a short month.  I want winter to be over with, I'm sick of being so cold. 
  • Monday - leftover soup and other leftover party food along with salads.
  • Tuesday - This is Mardi Gras/Shrove Tuesday, also known as Pancake Day, so why not have pancakes?  I've also had my eye on the concept of waffle-iron omelets.
  • Wednesday - sausage pasta skillet, a bit similar to Hamburger Helper but with sausage instead of ground beef.  It's cheesy and creamy and I'm going to add in a bunch of veggies.
  • Thursday - I've got cardio fitness class but afterwards Husband Jeff and I might go out for dinner for a date night
  • Friday - Husband Jeff is doing his own thing so Sonny D and I are going to do mother-son things.  I brainstormed a list of ideas (of course I have a list!) so we'll have to figure out what we want to do.  Not sure if we'll go out for dinner or have something at home.   
  • Saturday - I've got Core Fusion in the morning and that's our only solid plans so far.  Another mom and I are talking about getting our boys together to put together a gingerbread house that we missed doing at Christmas so we're going to do that sometime over the weekend.  And Sonny D wants to go grocery shopping so I planned we could go to Trader Joe's at some point as well.  For dinner I don't have any plans but I'm sure we'll figure something out, either leftovers from meals out, make something new, or go out. 
  • Sunday - Our Breakfast Club is meeting at a greasy spoon diner called The Curve for lunch.  Our last Breakfast Club wasn't too fabulous, so hopefully this one will make up for that.  For dinner we're having oven-fried fish (coated with flax and Parmesan) with cheesy polenta and a vegetable.

Wanna Chat?

I turned off the 'leave a comment' feature, so if you want to share what you're thinking about this or anything else, drop me an email at jhk1013 (at) gmail.com. It's so much more cozy than a comment, plus we can have a real conversation!