Monday, January 27, 2014

Menu Plan: Week of January 27

Whew, I'm back home!  My vacation of six nights in Jamaica with my best friend Kate was wonderful.  The days were mostly sunny and we sat by the beach and occasionally went in the ocean.  The food at the resort was quite good, definitely better than the food I've had at a resort in Mexico & the Dominican Republic. And lots of great evening entertainment, like usual.   
What I saw from the beach chair last week.  It was about 80 degrees.

Menu Plan

  • Monday - This afternoon is Sonny D's first dentist appointment!  I hope it goes well.  He has great looking teeth and we brush them with the SoniCare electric toothbrush, so it should hopefully be a breeze.  For dinner I'm making Middle Eastern red lentil soup in the slow cooker, along with raw veggies & hummus and a leftover loaf of English muffin bread from the freezer.
  • Tuesday - I've got cardio dance fitness class after dinner, so I'm making another quick dinner in the slow cooker.  This time I'm aiming for a traditional dinner of a roast, instant mashed potatoes & gravy (gravy is frozen from a previous dinner), home-frozen corn from this summer, and heat-and-serve dinner rolls.
  • Wednesday - I'm aiming for another easy dinner of pancakes and waffles from the freezer along with either sliced apples or mandarin oranges
  • Thursday - I want to make mini cheeseburger pies to use up the box of Bisquick we've got and a bit of pre-cooked ground beef.  I'm also going to open one the unlabeled and unknown containers from the freezer.  I'm going to open the one that seems vaguely Mexican and hope for the best.  This will be a great lesson in why you should always label everything you put in the freezer.
  • Friday - Husband Jeff and I are going out to lunch with our friend John at Layla's Persian Food, which is right next to John's office.  I can't wait to try Persian food!  I have no idea what to expect.  For dinner I'm making another "mini" dish, this time mini pizzas on pita bread with a veggie.  Usually I decide the veggie at the last minute based on what we feel like having.  
  • Saturday - We've got a Korean adoption group event for the New Year so that's our dinner plans.  I really enjoy getting together with all of other families to see how everybody is doing.
  • Sunday -  Sonny D and are going to Milwaukee to visit my friend Jessica for the afternoon.  For dinner I want to make broiled walleye with Korean sauce and the awesome frozen Hmong egg rolls from our friend John's church.

Wanna Chat?

I turned off the 'leave a comment' feature, so if you want to share what you're thinking about this or anything else, drop me an email at jhk1013 (at) gmail.com. It's so much more cozy than a comment, plus we can have a real conversation!