This week Sonny D's making the transition from daycare to preschool. We've got a countdown calendar and we mark off each day and are talking about the new school in glowing terms. I've mentioned the classroom hamster a few times, I think he'd like it. And I'm also talking up the outdoor play area, it's so much more room than his current daycare. And I am buying him new slippers that he'll get to wear there since they don't wear shoes inside.
- Monday - I made bean soup on Sunday so we'll have those leftovers along with some leftover grilled chicken and roasted cauliflower. Sonny D will probably eat avocado smashed on a brown rice cake instead of cauliflower, but I'll try to get him to take a bite to try it.
- Tuesday - We're going out for dinner at Culver's for a fundraiser night for Sonny D's new preschool.
- Wednesday - We're taking Sonny D to visit his new preschool first thing in the morning. For dinner I want to finish off the partial package of hot dogs hanging out in our freezer, along with the sauerkraut my coworker's husband made and frozen sweet potato french fries.
- Thursday - I'm going to my Zumba class right after work and maybe husband Jeff and I will meet for dinner afterwards, but his brother is coming to town, so he'll probably want to hang out with him.
- Friday - Sonny D's first day of preschool! He's going to help me pack his lunch, so hopefully he'll get excited about that. For dinner I want to make tuna melts (and possibly add curry) but Husband Jeff was a little skeptical when I mentioned it since he's not a big fan of tuna. He's eaten it before though and has liked it. But this combines tuna with mayo, his dreaded arch-enemy. I want to make a rice and sweet potato side dish, But once again, with his brother in town, we might end up doing something different, maybe going out for dinner.
- Saturday - I'm skipping my regular core fusion class to go to the earlier Zumba class before a graveside service and luncheon for Husband Jeff's maternal grandma. For dinner I'll probably take the easy way out and make breakfast, waffles/pancakes/French toast, maybe some eggs, and turkey breakfast sausages. I've got a recipe bookmarked where you thinly slice apple rings and dip them in pancake batter and fry, so maybe I'll get to try that.
- Sunday - In the afternoon I'm going shopping with my friend Jessica at the nearby outlet mall. Of course I've already started a shopping list of things I want to buy, I want to go to the Pyrex store to buy more food storage containers. For dinner we'll have toasted bagels with veggie cream cheese and a can of soup.