Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Meal Plan: Week of January 13

I'm posting this a day late, which is ironic because I had it ready at the end of last week since I was anticipating us being in Chicago for the weekend without much time to complete it over the weekend. 

  • Monday - fish tacos using Trader Joe's fish nuggets, homemade lime slaw (lime juice, olive oil, celery seed, and Mrs. Dash fiesta lime seasoning), and a frozen bag of Trader Joe's soycutash (soybeans, corn, and bell peppers).
  • Tuesday -  I've got cardio dance fitness class at 6:30, so we're having a quick dinner of homemade frozen creamy tomato-basil soup and smoked turkey sausages.
  • Wednesday - chicken with tarragon cream sauce and peas, served on egg noodles.
  • Thursday - slow cooker Mongolian beef with a frozen bag of broccoli stir-fry vegetables, rice, and egg rolls.  
  • Friday - I leave early in the morning for the sunny northwest coast of Jamaica with my best friend Kate!  While I'm gone, the guys are on their own for all their meals, but we all went grocery shopping together last weekend so they are set up with a lot of food.  And of course the planner side of me has a list of dinner and snack ideas for them to hopefully avoid pizza for dinner every night. 
  • Saturday - I'm gone.
  • Sunday - I'm gone. 


Wanna Chat?

I turned off the 'leave a comment' feature, so if you want to share what you're thinking about this or anything else, drop me an email at jhk1013 (at) gmail.com. It's so much more cozy than a comment, plus we can have a real conversation!