Tuesday, July 1, 2014

On My Mind

As we move from June to July, here's what's going on with me right now.  
  • Planning a trip to New Orleans. None of us has been there but it sounded good for a shorter trip somewhere to see how it goes taking Sonny D on an airplane.  I'm looking forward to the food.  I also just love the general planning needed for a vacation, research on where to stay, where to eat, what to see while you're there, etc. Let me know if you have any recommendations at all, we don't know anything about the city.
  • Wanting to try in the kitchen - making shredded pork shoulder in the pressure cooker and caramelized onions in slow cooker.  I've already done these, but I need to write them up for you!
  • Want to make a video to show off my kitchen.  It's nothing fancy, but I love all the little touches Husband Jeff has made for me like the casserole dish stacker, light in the pantry, etc.
  • Looking forward to working with interior designer, we're going shopping together in a couple weeks. I finally got around to taking pictures of our house to document the "before" and then later show the progress. I also cleaned off some areas that were cluttered with too much stuff. Also planning out the banquette Jeff is going to build for the dining room.
  • Just finished reading Patriot Games by Tom Clancy.  I wanted to see if his books were as thrilling as they seemed.  This book was pretty good, but I had seen the movie first so I already knew what was going to happen.
  • Scared of house centipedes still, the little buggers are still hanging out in our house. I saw one the other day before my shower.
  • Trying to connect with friends and hang out this summer.  That might end up with Jeff saying I've over-booked us, but the summer is short and I want to take advantage of it.
  • Good deed - getting rid of all of our unwanted books and putting them in the Little Free Libraries around town.
  • Trying to remember to apply bug spray, the mosquitoes love me!
  • Interested in finding a general babysitter to watch Sonny D occasionally.
  • Planning my next big party, Crocktoberfest.
  • Sweating my butt off at Latin hip-hop cardio a couple times a week. Looking back in my journal I found that I've been going there for a year now.
  • Stores I'm haunting - Aldi and Dollar Tree.  I'm always so excited to point out that the food item we're enjoying came from Aldi or organizing household stuff with bins from the dollar store.   
  • We're considering - getting another dog. Our little Sheltie dog died last May.
  • Totally enjoying the satisfaction from using up things. Use up the last of the perfume and toss the bottle. Finishing up the peanut butter.  Finally finishing the half-empty hand lotion you've had sitting around forever.  And then paring down by not buying a replacement or using this as an opportunity to try something new.

Wanna Chat?

I turned off the 'leave a comment' feature, so if you want to share what you're thinking about this or anything else, drop me an email at jhk1013 (at) gmail.com. It's so much more cozy than a comment, plus we can have a real conversation!