Review of the Previous WeekWe had some good luck on Tuesday when I defrosted the unknown Pyrex dish from our freezer, it turned out to be creamy beef tips so we quickly threw some egg noodles in water to boil. I've definitely learned my lesson on labeling everything I put in the freezer. I always figure I'll know what it is later on, but that's so not true. So many things look different and smell 'flat' when frozen, which makes it difficult to identify them later. And it's time to inventory the freezer again, I'm sure there are several things in there that aren't on my list.
|Pi(e) Day - Mexican shepherd's pie|
Our Friday "Me & D" time ended up being Sonny D and I going to the mall play area after dinner again, same as the previous week. Sonny D can now go on the JC Penney's escalator himself rather than me carrying him. I was proud that he was brave enough to hop on by himself, it's great to try new things.
Saturday we ended up having a delicious Irish meal at Husband Jeff's parents' house -- corned beef with cabbage, potatoes, carrots, salad. Dessert was completely un-Irish but tasty strawberry cupcakes. :) My contribution to the dinner was Irish soda bread muffins, they turned out pretty good but I wish I had caraway seeds to add since it's traditional. I've never had Irish soda bread before but I could see how it would be really good when paired with a soup or stew.
|Choco hemp seed butter|
|Reuben brat filled with melty Swiss cheese |
and chunks of corned beef!
This Week's Menu
- Monday - Sauteed shrimp with pasta with red sauce, along with sweet & spicy roasted butternut squash. I think I'm going to make the marinara sauce to be more like a puttanesca sauce by adding anchovy paste (from a tube) and capers. I might also sneak in a little chopped spinach as well.
- Tuesday - Husband Jeff and I have been married 8 years today so we're going out for an anniversary dinner at L'Etoile.
- Wednesday - I'm still set on making omelets in the waffle iron, so I'm hoping with Husband Jeff's help I can accomplish it today. I also want to make pancakes of some sort, maybe blueberry.
- Thursday - Since I had to skip my exercise class on Tuesday for our anniversary dinner, I'm definitely going to my cardio dance fitness class tonight. Since my exercise class is right after work, Husband Jeff and Sonny D are on their own for dinner, which means I wrote down pizza since that's Husband Jeff's favorite and we haven't had it in a while. And Husband Jeff is going to take Sonny D to get his hair cut since it is soooo long and shaggy.
- Friday - For "Me & D" night, we're hoping to go out with Aunt Terri for dinner, we're still ironing out our plans. I'm trying to encourage Husband Jeff to go do something on his own.
- Saturday - I've got my regular Saturday morning Core Fusion class and afterwards we're meeting up with our friends for our Breakfast Club. This time we're going to Crema Cafe, known for their local ingredients and inventive dishes. For dinner I want to make hot dogs with mac & cheese and frozen sweet corn from this past summer.
- Sunday - I'm going out to lunch with Husband Jeff's mother, Cathy and then afterwards we're going to a taping of the White Jasmine cooking show. For dinner I have three options written down -- tofu scramble, roasted tofu with noodles in peanut sauce, or baked buffalo tempeh "wings".