- Try cooking with new foods like fennel, parsnips, rutabaga, turnips.
- Try out my new pressure cooker, got one for Christmas along with a couple of cookbooks. You can read about my first pressure cooker meal, chicken cacciatore. I'm on my way to many more dishes since the first one was a definite success.
- Make a whole beef tenderloin.
- Buy more local fruits, veggies, meat, and eggs.
- Toast oats for oatmeal. Make tea-infused oatmeal. Make grapefruit oatmeal.
- Make chicken livers (high in iron).
- Make some store-bought items at home -
- potato chips
- quick pickles
- buttermilk dressing
- vanilla extract
- Veggie burgers
- corn tortillas
- pita bread
- maybe hamburger buns
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
My Food Goals for 2013
I decided to write down some of my food goals for 2013. I typically make standard New Year's resolutions and I try to stick by them, but these are even more fun since I get to do some experimenting in the kitchen.
I turned off the 'leave a comment' feature, so if you want to share what you're thinking about this or anything else, drop me an email at jhk1013 (at) gmail.com. It's so much more cozy than a comment, plus we can have a real conversation!