Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ground Beef For Another Day


On Sunday I went grocery shopping and saw that 3-pound packages of 93% lean ground beef were on sale. It seemed like a good price, so I figured I should buy it and cook it before putting it in the freezer.  I had no idea what I would actually do with it after freezing it, so I had to look online for some ideas.  This blog posting talks about various ways to use pre-cooked ground beef, so I'll use it for inspiration.  

After coming home I cooked the ground beef in three portions, mainly so I could keep track of each pound or so.  I put the cooked meat in freezer bags, labeled them, and put them in the freezer.  Some ideas I might use them for: cheeseburger quesadillas, skillet pasta dishes (i.e. Hamburger Helper), maybe a Mexican casserole like tamale pie, Mexican sloppy Joses, spaghetti with meat sauce, picadillo (Latin American style hash), etc. 

Wanna Chat?

I turned off the 'leave a comment' feature, so if you want to share what you're thinking about this or anything else, drop me an email at jhk1013 (at) gmail.com. It's so much more cozy than a comment, plus we can have a real conversation!