Monday, July 8, 2013

Menu Plan: Week of July 8

Summer is in full swing, with lots of grilling and lots of fresh produce.
  • Monday - grilled top round steak (from the farmers' market), sauteed beet greens (farmers' market again), grilled cauliflower (from our garden!), and salads
  • Tuesday - Sonny D has swimming lessons on Tuesdays, so dinner has to be fast. I'm actually not going to pick breakfast like usual, this time I'm trying again for the Szecuhan tempeh and veggies stir fry that I've been wanting to make for the last week.  Probably will put a salad with it since I picked up several bags of salad greens at the grocery store. 
  • Wednesday - I'm going out for a girls' night out with friends at Jolly Bob's and I figure Husband Jeff and Sonny D will have a frozen pizza since Jeff mentioned wanting one on Sunday. 
  • Thursday - We're going out to a local harvest dinner called Local on the Lake to support an initiative called Buy Fresh, Buy Local.  
  • Friday -  Husband Jeff and I have a LivingSocial deal for a couples' massage, so we're talking about going out for a light happy hour snack beforehand and maybe dinner afterwards. 
  • Saturday - this weekend is an event called Art Fair on the Square, featuring tons of national artists and a special section of artists from Wisconsin.  Usually it's baking-hot out and we torture ourselves by sweating and looking at artwork we can't afford.  Maybe it won't be so hot this year.  I've been stocking up on random interesting sausages/hot dogs, like Trader Joe's sun-dried tomato chicken sausages and nitrite- and nitrate-free turkey hot dogs, so I was thinking we could have grilled something along with pesto pasta and veggies.
  • Sunday - I love making it up to our little northside farmers' market, it's much smaller a never crowded like the huge one downtown (largest producer-only farmers' market in the US).  Typically I'll spend a little time browsing around, buying eggs, produce, and a couple Hmong eggrolls for Sonny D.  Sunday dinner will probably be something easy, a random soup from the pantry or freezer or maybe yet another night of grilling. 

Wanna Chat?

I turned off the 'leave a comment' feature, so if you want to share what you're thinking about this or anything else, drop me an email at jhk1013 (at) gmail.com. It's so much more cozy than a comment, plus we can have a real conversation!