Monday, April 13, 2015

Amazing Avocado Salad Dressing, Happens To Be A Whole30 Recipe

This recipe is dedicated to my friend Renae, she's an avocado lover.

I threw together a salad dressing on Sunday night that I totally loved. It was based on user Beets' recipe from the Whole30 recipe sharing forum, but you don't have to be on a special cleanse to eat it.

Beets' original recipe:
1/4 avocado
juice from 1/4 meyer lemon
sea salt
1/4 cup (?) good EVOO

I was making dressing for both Husband Jeff and I, so i double the amounts (unmeasured, cause I'm a rebel!) -- I mashed half an avocado with a fork, a couple tablespoons of bottled lemon juice (wish we had fresh lemons!), a hefty glug of olive oil, and then tasted it to get the right amount of salt.  Then I added a southwestern spice blend since we had marinated the chicken in lime juice, olive oil, and cumin.  It made a lot of dressing and we probably could have gotten away with the original amount for the two of us, but I knew it wouldn't stay pretty since the avocado would oxidize, so I made sure to finish it off that night. 

I don't have a photo, but the dressing was a thick avocado-green sauce.  We used it on hearty romaine salads with grilled chicken breasts. Jeff did a great job of grilling the chicken, it was juicy and tender.  We'll definitely be making this dressing again!


Wanna Chat?

I turned off the 'leave a comment' feature, so if you want to share what you're thinking about this or anything else, drop me an email at jhk1013 (at) gmail.com. It's so much more cozy than a comment, plus we can have a real conversation!