|Tuesday I took 9 boxes of stuff to Goodwill. Love getting rid of stuff!|
|Wednesday we got a load of dirt delivered for our garden beds.|
|Asparagus growing in our garden, harvested a day later for dinner.|
|Three bulbs of garlic growing in the garden.|
|Saturday's Food Camp demonstration about water kefir.|
|Husband Jeff built Sonny D a balance beam on Sunday morning.|
|Then Husband Jeff put together his new firepit (birthday gift).|
|Jeff also built this pair of garden beds on Sunday.|
The closer bed is Sonny D's and he's planning to grow carrots and blueberries. The next bed back is Husband Jeff's, he's going to put in flowers.The far-left bed in the back is my vegetable garden.
|Kefir grains, looks like water crystals.|
|My lime water kefir right after making it on Monday morning.|
|My water kefir a little more than 24 hours old. Look at the grain growth!|
- Monday - We watched our friends' boy who goes to preschool with Sonny D. The two of them had a great time romping around and playing while I made dinner. We had Trader Joe's Italian sausages, Syracuse salt potatoes (potatoes boiled in really salty water. try it, so creamy!), and roasted veggies. The veggies included seven spears of asparagus from our own garden. I also made a creamy cashew-based dip/sauce with chives from our yard, it worked as a great sour cream substitute for the potatoes.
- Tuesday - No dinner planned because Sonny D is hanging out with grandma and grandpa while Husband Jeff and I go to Zumba. I want to try eating the pre-workout foods for the Whole30 detox we start next week, but I might wuss out and stick with my usual two pieces of toast with almond butter. Next week I'll really have to do it though since we'll be on the detox.
- Wednesday - Pasta with red sauce since we have a leftover half a jar frozen. The sauce doesn't fit within the Whole30 restrictions, so we need to eat it now rather than later.
- Thursday - Husband Jeff's birthday and a family celebration at his cousin's house. We'll eat whatever they're making, sounds like brats and chicken breasts on the grill.
- Friday - pesto pasta with cheese ravioli, corn, and salads.
- Saturday - Sonny D's swim lessons again, we haven't discussed what we'll do for lunch afterwards, but it always includes getting ice cream. We're also going to pull out the tent and try taking a nap in the yard in the afternoon. If that goes well, we'll also try sleeping out there at night, but this weekend looks rather cold so we might have to wait a while. Dinner will be hot dogs grilled over Husband Jeff's new firepit (birthday gift) and of course we'll toast marshmallows for s'mores.
- Sunday - I'm going to a vegetarian Indian cooking class in the afternoon while Sonny D and Husband Jeff go to a birthday party for the boy we watched on Monday evening.