Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Join Me on a Virtual Climb!

Join us in the virtual climb up
Corcovado Mountain in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Image courtesy of concierge.com
.
In the last few years I've done benefit walks to raise funds for good causes, not because I particularly care about the causes, but as a personal challenge to get out and walk a long way when I normally wouldn't. Just a little personal challenge every now and then to push myself.  I haven't done any of those for at least a year, so it's good I ran across this fitness challenge.

Challenge

Starting Thursday, August 1, I'm participating in Josie's virtual climb up Corcovado Mountain in Rio de Janeiro.

We're doing mountain climber exercises until we've covered the 2,330 feet to the top of the mountain.  I'm going to start with her baseline of 40 reps per day, which will take us 58+ days to complete.  Of course it would be great if I could increase my pace to get there a little earlier, but we'll have to see how it goes. That baseline pace has us ending on September 28, which seems so far away.  Maybe I should come up with a reward for finishing so I have a goal (other than the satisfaction of actually doing it), I'll have to think about that for a bit.

I was afraid I would forget to do these, so I set up an alarm reminder in my phone to go off a couple minutes after my regular wake-up alarm so I'll do them first thing in the morning before my shower.  By aiming to accomplish them right away when I start my day, that also gives me the opportunity to complete them later in the day and not miss anything.

And let me introduce you to Josie.  She is a fitness goddess who has birthed four gremlin-kids and is doing a bang-up job getting in super shape! She runs the Yum Yucky blog  -- which shows you how to "Find balance between fitness and your greedy side".  Plus she's a funny and sassy chick who I wish I could hang out with in real life since she seems so awesome.

If you're feeling up for it, I suggest you join us!  It's a great challenge and a way to push yourself and see what you can do!



Do you have a suggestion for how I could reward myself if I complete this fitness challenge? Shopping spree for something specific? Mini vacation?  Spa visit?  Let me hear it! 

Wanna Chat?

I turned off the 'leave a comment' feature, so if you want to share what you're thinking about this or anything else, drop me an email at jhk1013 (at) gmail.com. It's so much more cozy than a comment, plus we can have a real conversation!