Monday, July 15, 2013

Menu Plan: Week of July 15

The weather is supposed to be in the upper 80s this week, so I'm trying to minimize cooking hot and steamy things in the house. Usually we end up using the grill and an outdoor camp stove to boil things.
  • Monday - shrimp Nicole (pasta dish with shrimp and a cheesy spinach-artichoke sauce), sauteed rainbow chard, salads
  •  Tuesday - Sonny D has swimming lessons so it's the usual quick meal of breakfast for dinner.  Probably home-frozen pancakes, yogurt, and grapes.
  • Wednesday - African peanut stew in the slow cooker, served with rice.  I'm combining two recipes to make this, hopefully the blend works out right.
  • Thursday - We're going to my company's summer outing at the Mallards game (Northwoods league baseball).  Food is provided, but Sonny D has a hard time focusing on eating when in a crowd and we didn't really care for standing in line for mediocre food last time, so we're having dinner at home.  We'll have spaghetti, garlic bread, and a frozen bag of Trader Joe's vegetable melange before we head over to the ball diamond. 
  • Friday - cauliflower crust pizzas.  I've made cauliflower cheesy "breadsticks", which I want to copy and make into mini pizzas.  I want to cook these on the grill using a pizza stone so we don't heat up the house with the oven.
  • Saturday - Husband Jeff's company outing this time, going to the Milwaukee zoo. I didn't plan a meal for this night, figuring we'd have leftovers or maybe a frozen pizza.  The weather is supposed to be cooler, so maybe I'll actually to turn the oven on for some pizza.
  • Sunday - our adoption group's annual summer picnic.  Each family brings their own meal, so we'll probably have sandwiches with crackers and hummus and whatever fruits and veggies I picked up at the farmers' market.  Sonny D's daycare is having a bake sale and I signed up to bring a treat in for that on Monday, so I'm going to make caramel corn. 

Wanna Chat?

I turned off the 'leave a comment' feature, so if you want to share what you're thinking about this or anything else, drop me an email at jhk1013 (at) gmail.com. It's so much more cozy than a comment, plus we can have a real conversation!