Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Comfort Food: Biscuits and Gravy

Fluffy biscuits
Made biscuits and sausage gravy tonight for dinner, along with scrambled eggs and fruit.  The biscuit recipe originally started from this rosemary garlic Parmesan biscuit recipe, but I made them with an herb blend instead of rosemary and no cheese.  I probably mixed them more than they should, but they were still light and tender.  They're made with Heart Smart Bisquick, which is awesome stuff.  Husband Jeff says it makes great pancakes. 

sausage gravy - not exactly photogenic, but tasty!
I used this gravy recipe for this minus the pork chops and mashed potatoes.  Husband Jeff thought it had almost too much black pepper, but I figured it would be boring because there wasn't any sausage grease to add flavor since I was using turkey breakfast sausage.  Gravy like this should be made with equal parts butter and flour, so I used that ratio and added garlic powder and onion powder.  Our toddler son wouldn't eat any of it, which is kind of surprising, but he has a cold right now and was fussy for the rest of the evening. 



Wanna Chat?

I turned off the 'leave a comment' feature, so if you want to share what you're thinking about this or anything else, drop me an email at jhk1013 (at) gmail.com. It's so much more cozy than a comment, plus we can have a real conversation!