Friday, January 4, 2013

Upside-Down Taco Salads

A typical taco salad you get at a restaurant has a giant deep-fried tortilla bowl with the ingredients inside.  I have to admit I've never had one of those, but I've seen them.  That fried shell is more fat than you need, so we make our own version at home but I call them upside-down taco saladsWe use a bed of salad greens with your favorite taco fixings (tomatoes, salsa, green olives, avocado, beans, crumbled veggie burger, leftover taco meat, cheese, etc.) and topped with crushed tortilla chips and salsa/taco sauce.  If you don't use any other dressing other than salsa or taco sauce (fat-free!), I feel you can use a good handful or two of crushed tortilla chips on top.  :) 

Wanna Chat?

I turned off the 'leave a comment' feature, so if you want to share what you're thinking about this or anything else, drop me an email at jhk1013 (at) gmail.com. It's so much more cozy than a comment, plus we can have a real conversation!