Saturday, January 5, 2013

Leftover Tomato Sauce Equals Quick Minestrone Soup

My bowl of soup.

Made a quick minestrone soup last night, Jeff and I loved it.  We had part of a jar of spaghetti sauce left over from the shakshuka earlier in the week and no idea what to do with it, minute minestrone to the rescue.   I used some leftover Italian-sausage flavored ground turkey, carrot shreds, a can of garbanzos, a can of diced tomatoes, a handful of diced spinach, and that half a jar of spaghetti sauce.   I made pasta separately and let each person decide their own amounts.   Serve with grated Parmesan on top.  It made enough for dinner and leftovers for lunch the next day. 

Wanna Chat?

I turned off the 'leave a comment' feature, so if you want to share what you're thinking about this or anything else, drop me an email at jhk1013 (at) gmail.com. It's so much more cozy than a comment, plus we can have a real conversation!