Monday, September 9, 2013

Meal Plan: Week of September 9

I finished my mountain climber challenge on Tuesday last week because I felt guilty for missing days the previous week.  I started on August 1 and completed 2,330 steps by September 3.  That's an average of 73 steps per day.  I'm pretty impressed that I did it so quickly but was a little disappointed that my attention waned at the end and I started skipping days.  


This week starts a new semester of classes through the Madison schools & community recreation.  I signed up for PiYo (Pilates and yoga mix) on Wednesdays and my standard Saturday morning Core Fusion (essentially Pilates).  I'm also going to try to go a Tuesday Zumba class as well, but I don't know if I'll have enough stamina to have workouts two days in a row.

  • Monday - We'll have leftover pizza pockets from Saturday, beets, sweet corn, and salads.  Husband Jeff wants some new glasses, so we're talking about going to check out what's available at JC Penney's since they've got a deal right now where frames are $1 when you buy the lenses.  I'll have to take a look too, maybe they've got some cute ones for me.   
  • Tuesday - I've got Zumba class at 6:30 so we're going with the quick route of grilling sausages and hot dogs and green beans.
  • Wednesday - My first PiYo class, I hope I like it.  I was feeling really lazy and uninspired when I wrote up the menu plan for the week, so I went with melt sandwiches and salads.
  • Thursday - I want to try making Korean ribs.  I'll cook a rack of ribs in the slow cooker all day and then we'll finish them off on the grill. We've done this before but this time I'm going to marinate/cook them with Korean flavors.  We'll probably have this with rice and a bag of frozen veggies. 
  • Friday - I'm taking the day off from work so I can volunteer at the Half-Pint kid resale event.  For volunteering, I get to shop early at the sale, so I'm going to look for shoes for Sonny D and a couple specific toys, but it's always fun to see what's available and find things you didn't know you needed.   Since my shift goes into the dinner time, Husband Jeff is taking Sonny D to a family dinner event without me. 
  • Saturday - I've got Core Fusion class in the morning and then in the afternoon we're going to our friend Chuck's house for an annual grillout called Septemberfest.  I tried to brainstorm some ideas for a dish to share but I'm not completely set yet.  My latest idea was roasted eggplant hummus with crackers.  
  • Sunday - Our standard farmers' market visit in the morning.  Last week the smoothie/spring roll cart and the eggroll stand weren't there, so Sonny D and I had to find other morning snacks.  He ended up sharing a hot dog with Grandma Cathy and some kettle corn with Grandpa Ken, while I ate a barbacoa beef taco with rice.  Quite tasty, but I hope our favorites will be back this week.  Later in the day we're going to our friends' house for a shop-at-home party. 

Wanna Chat?

I turned off the 'leave a comment' feature, so if you want to share what you're thinking about this or anything else, drop me an email at jhk1013 (at) gmail.com. It's so much more cozy than a comment, plus we can have a real conversation!