Monday, March 18, 2013

Meal Plan: Week of March 18

Monday - Husband Jeff and I are going out for our anniversary at Osteria Papavero.  We've been there before and tried the Pappardelle al Cinghiale (pasta with wild boar) and it's delicious.  That's what I've got my eye on again. 

Tuesday - I'm going out for all-you-can-eat sushi at Restaurant Muramoto for a Moms' Night Out event, Husband Jeff and Sonny D are on their own.  Maybe they'll make the tomato-basil Hamburger Helper I've had planned for a few weeks but never gotten around to making. 

Wednesday - roasted veggies with roasted eggplant hummus and crab cakes.
My veggies this time are a Mediterranean blend (zucchini, green beans, yellow carrots, red peppers), a California blend (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots), peppers & onions stir fry, and crinkle-cut carrots.  I roasted them up again on Sunday afternoon. I spritzed the pan of veggies with canola oil spray, tossed in a a sprinkle of salt, and an herb blend.  I don't know if it was because it was all frozen veggies rather than some fresh or if it was too much in the roasting pan, but it took a lot longer to get a good roast.  It was over an hour this time rather than the 45 minutes it's been for the last few batches.

Thursday - corned beef brisket in the slow cooker, a frozen package of cheesy broccoli, and some sort of coleslaw (yep, we're a few days behind, but I had other stuff planned for St. Patrick's Day.) 

Friday - Asian pulled chicken sliders made in the slower cooker, some sort of bagged veggie from the freezer, maybe edamame (green soybeans).  We'll probably have brown rice or quinoa too.

Saturday - I'm going out for a girls' night out with Natalie and some friends, Husband Jeff is having the rest of Natalie's family over for a kid playdate and they're having pizza.

Sunday - I'm making dinner for our friends Dustin & Jessica.  We'll have bisteca alla pizziola (pizza-style steak) in the pressure cooker, cauliflower cheese sticks, and not sure what else.  They're bringing salad supplies.  They are/were following a low-carb diet to get in swimsuit-shape for a cruise in early march, which makes it a little more challenging to figure out a side dish.  I try to serve less carbs for our meals, but completely carb-less is difficult.  They've also given up desserts/sweets for Lent, so there's no need to plan a dessert. 


Question For You

Did you eat anything Irish for St. Patrick's Day?  We did not, we had french toast for breakfast, leftover Indian food for lunch, and chicken noodle soup for dinner.  But Sonny D and I wore green -- he had a Green Bay Packers shirt on and I had green pants on.  I should have planned it better and at least had steel-cut oats for breakfast.  We also skipped the St. Patrick's Day parade because it was quite cold out. 

Wanna Chat?

I turned off the 'leave a comment' feature, so if you want to share what you're thinking about this or anything else, drop me an email at jhk1013 (at) gmail.com. It's so much more cozy than a comment, plus we can have a real conversation!