Sunday, March 3, 2013

Getting Goodies: Goodies Co Subscription Box

I recently signed up for the Cooking Light magazine Cravebox, a box of specially selected food-related items for $15 per month.  I signed up immediately because I trusted Cooking Light and then I got interested in finding other healthy food subscription boxes.

I found Goodies Co, which is a healthy food subscription box run by Walmart, but it's not what you would expect.  Right now it's still in the initial stages, but you can sign up on the waiting list and they'll notify you if/when you're selected.  I don't know if it's an excellent marketing technique to create a sense of urgency, or if there really is a waiting list.

I signed up on February 21 and received an email on February 26 saying that I could sign up. You only have a few days to take advantage of the offer and I didn't want to miss out, so I signed up quickly.  I'm signed up for the monthly Taster's box, which is $7 per month (includes shipping) for 5-8 sample-sized food items.   I figured it was cheap enough and it's a great way to be introduced to new products.  Plus it's an awesome way for small start-up companies to get new customers.  I can't wait to see what I get!  I will definitely post a description of what I get and what I think of it.

Once you try the items in your box, you can choose to order more from the website.  It's nice because you might not get those particular food items where you live.  

If you're interested in signing up, feel free to mention my username 'JessicaHK'.  Not sure it'll get you anywhere, but it's worth a shot. 

Question For You

Have you ever signed up for a mailed subscription other than a magazine? I once got my husband a wine-of-the-month club and I think he enjoyed it, it was nice to have a shipment arrive to see what they sent each time and then also have wine on hand.

Wanna Chat?

I turned off the 'leave a comment' feature, so if you want to share what you're thinking about this or anything else, drop me an email at jhk1013 (at) gmail.com. It's so much more cozy than a comment, plus we can have a real conversation!