Monday, April 29, 2013

Menu Plan: Week of April 29

  • Monday - sesame-ginger chicken made in the slow cooker.  We might have it with rice or put the chicken on top of greens for Asian salads.  This was based on a recipe I found in the Cooking Light Slow Cooker Tonight cookbook my best friend gave me for my birthday.  When I went to pull the dish together this morning, I realized I was missing a key ingredient, hoisin sauce.  I proceeded to throw other random ingredients such as ketchup and sesame-ginger salad dressing in the slow cooker in hopes that it will all work out.   I normally would be against ketchup, but I've got an Asian shrimp recipe that uses ketchup and it's great! I'm usually not too great at improvising with Asian food, so cross your fingers! 
  • Tuesday - We'll probably have some breakfast items (French toast, waffles, pancakes) from the freezer.  I might go to a drop-in Zumba class, so I shouldn't eat much.
  • Wednesday - Husband Jeff and I have exercise class together, so something small and light.
  • Thursday - I need to use the head of cauliflower I bought, but I'm not sure what to do with it.   Maybe creamy mac 'n cheese?  Faux alfredo sauce? Buffalo bites? 
  • Friday - I want to go on the monthly tour at Sassy Cow Creamery, that's all I've decided so far. Maybe out for pizza since Salvatore's Tomato Pies in Sun Prairie is getting good reviews. 
  • Saturday - we're visiting friends for the evening, so we're going out to dinner with them.
  • Sunday - We'll throw something easy together from the freezer or pantry.  Maybe the classic "can of soup plus whatever" sort of dinner. 

Wanna Chat?

I turned off the 'leave a comment' feature, so if you want to share what you're thinking about this or anything else, drop me an email at jhk1013 (at) gmail.com. It's so much more cozy than a comment, plus we can have a real conversation!