Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Rice in the microwave

I recently pulled out my instruction manual for my microwave and saw that it had a 'sensor-cook' option for rice.  I figured I would try it out to see how the rice came out.  Can't believe I never saw that button on the microwave before this.  I guess the only special button I use is the "hot water" button, which makes water the perfect drinkable temperature if you want to make instant coffee, tea, etc.  I love it.  Wish I had a hot water dispenser in my kitchen, but this is good enough. 
Rice and water

Ingredients

  • 1 cup rice
  • 2 cups water

Directions

Push the button for 'rice'.  Wait.

I watched the time and it ended up cooking for 25 minutes.

Verdict

So bad!  Was it trying to make soup?! 

Ugg!  this was terrible!  There was tons of leftover water and the rice was slightly underdone.  Completely not recommended.  The instructions didn't mention the type of rice to be used.  I used brown rice, so I'm guessing this is only for white rice.



Wanna Chat?

I turned off the 'leave a comment' feature, so if you want to share what you're thinking about this or anything else, drop me an email at jhk1013 (at) gmail.com. It's so much more cozy than a comment, plus we can have a real conversation!