Sunday, June 2, 2013

Menu Plan: Week of June 3

Here's our family's menu plan for the first week of June. I've got several new recipes that I'm planning to try this week on Monday, Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday, I hope they turn out! I'm kind of glad the weather isn't going to be really warm this week so I can make the sweet potato soup.  I love soup season, but we don't really eat hot soup in summer.
  • Monday - ranch chicken tacos (taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix in the slow cooker with chicken thighs), refried beans
  • Tuesday - banana pancakes, eggs, sausage or bacon. It seems like I've got breakfast on the menu for dinner most weeks but it's so easy to throw together after work and so good!
  • Wednesday - chipotle sweet potato soup, salads
  • Thursday - I planned a ladies' night out with some friends at DLUX, so Husband Jeff will take care of dinner for himself and Sonny D.  They might make frozen pizza, but they might go to my in-laws' house because they love seeing Sonny D.
  • Friday - crab cakes (I've made this recipe before), rice, California blend veggies
  • Saturday - BBQ beef melts in pitas with sweet potato fries
  • Sunday - polenta pizza rounds.  I've been planning to make this for a couple weeks now, but haven't actually gotten around to it. 

Wanna Chat?

I turned off the 'leave a comment' feature, so if you want to share what you're thinking about this or anything else, drop me an email at jhk1013 (at) gmail.com. It's so much more cozy than a comment, plus we can have a real conversation!