What Was Inside?
- a box of Barilla white fiber penne pasta
- a box of Barilla veggie farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- a 100-calorie bag of Snackwell's fudgy pretzels
- BelVita breakfast cinnamon brown sugar biscuits
- a can of A&W Ten Root Beer
- 2 Sunrype strawberry fruit bars (like fruit leather)
- a pack of Trident island berry lime gum
- coupons to buy more of the items in the box
- a few bits of Cooking Light magazine information
What Did I Think Of Each Item?
- box of Barilla white fiber penne pasta - sounds interesting, but I also liked the Bionature whole wheat spaghetti. This is cheaper though. We'll see if we like it.
- box of Barilla veggie farfalle (bowtie) pasta - this has only 1 serving of veggies for 3.5 ounces of pasta, which is almost two servings, so it's not that great. The Aldi veggie pasta I bought has a serving of veggies in 2 ounces, so I would buy that instead.
- 100-calorie bag of Snackwell's fudgy pretzels - these are waiting for me in the snack bin in the cupboard. Husband Jeff liked his pack a lot, eating them immediately on the morning I put them aside for him.
- BelVita breakfast cinnamon brown sugar biscuits - Husband Jeff ate his quickly and emailed me to tell me they were delicious. I haven't had mine since they're 230 calories for the little pack. But it is nice that they don't have high-fructose corn syrup, partially hydrogenated oils, no artificial flavors or sweeteners.
- A&W Ten Root Beer - I immediately ditched the two cans of soda at the office since I don't drink soda at all, let alone diet. I'm confused by it, why a 10-calorie diet soda? Why use a sweetener with calories when most people would want a no-calorie version? I don't like artificial sweeteners at all, they always taste funny to me. Disappointing that Cooking Light would include this in their box, I thought they didn't go in for artificial sweeteners.
- 2 Sunrype strawberry fruit bars (like fruit leather) - gave one to Sonny D and he seemed to like it well enough but he didn't care to finish it. I had a bite and thought it was awesome, tasted like strawberry jam to me.
- pack of Trident island berry lime gum - nice fruity taste. Much better than my current Extra 'root beer float' gum, that's a really disappointing flavor. I like how Trident stays soft for a long time.
- coupons to buy more of the items in the box - The coupons went to the office along with the soda because I'm not going to buy any of these items.
- a few bits of Cooking Light magazine information - straight to the recycling bin since I already get Cooking Light magazine and it was promotional info about the box and a copy of an article from a recent issue.