The base for all of my smoothies is 8 ounces almond milk and a scoop of Amazing Grass original powder. Amazing Grass is a green, superfood powder of wheatgrass, alfalfa, spinach, fiber, probiotics, etc. and produce like carrots, beets, acai, raspberry, etc.
Flavors combos I've tried and liked
- peach almond - frozen peach slices with almond extract and cinnamon
- chocolate malt - cocoa powder and chocolate malt powder
- banana-coffee - 1/2 frozen banana with instant decaf coffee crystals
- tropical - orange juice frozen into ice cubes and frozen crushed pineapple
- orange - just orange juice cubes
- choco-peanut butter banana - PB2 (powdered peanut butter) in the peanut butter-chocolate flavor with frozen 1/2 banana
- choco-banana - cocoa powder and frozen banana
- chocolate-covered cherry - cocoa powder and frozen cherries
- chocolate-covered strawberry - cocoa powder and frozen strawberries
- pear - pear, almond extract, cinnamon
- peanut butter banana - PB2 (powdered peanut butter) and banana
- ginger-peach - peach, ground ginger, crystallized ginger
- ginger-pear - pear, almond extract, ground ginger
FailuresThere have only been a few of flavors I haven't liked.
- Frozen crushed pineapple with almond milk. I think the pineapple wasn't a strong enough flavor to cover the grassy-green flavor of the Amazing Grass.
- Another is cocoa powder and peaches. I might have used too much cocoa powder since it was a little bitter, and the peaches are so mild that they don't add much flavor.
- chia seeds, ginger powder, crystallized ginger. The ginger was tart, but not really flavorful otherwise.