Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Super Quick Dinner: Mediterranean Tuna Pasta

Hot pasta
I think this is the quickest meal I make that isn't leftovers.  The ingredients list is short and sweet, it's one of those meals you can make even when you feel like there's nothing left in the house. I feel that it's a step up from simple pasta with red sauce since it adds protein.

I picked this recipe because Husband Jeff was away for the night and I needed something quick and easy for Sonny D and I.  I know Sonny D likes fish and has eaten this dish previously, so this was an easy choice. 

Inspiration

Starkist Mediterranean Style Linguini

Ingredients Lineup

Ingredients

  • 5 oz pasta
  • 12 ounces spaghetti sauce (about half of a 23 oz jar)
  • 2 5-oz cans of tuna
That's all you really need, but of course you can add additional things to clean out your crisper drawer or to add some favorites -- like you could saute some onion and garlic to start the dish off right.  Or add some veggies (peas, bell pepper, shredded carrot) or olives - black, kalamata, picholine, etc. Top with fresh herbs or parmesan cheese.

Bring the pasta water to a boil, add your pasta. Cook for the needed time and then drain.  I add the spaghetti sauce and tuna right to the same pot and warm it up over low heat. That's it.

Verdict

This is tasty and simple.  It's not "company-worthy" but I like it.  Sonny D ate his first bowl quickly and asked for more but I think he was tired so he pretty much cried through the rest of dinner and the rest of the evening.

Wanna Chat?

I turned off the 'leave a comment' feature, so if you want to share what you're thinking about this or anything else, drop me an email at jhk1013 (at) gmail.com. It's so much more cozy than a comment, plus we can have a real conversation!